Supplier Terms and Conditions and Quality Assurance Clauses
Right of Entry
All work and material under this contract shall be subject to inspection and test by Owens Machine and Tool Company or its customer(s) at any point during the manufacturing or processing sequence(s).
If any inspection or test is performed by Owens Machine and Tool Company or its customer(s) at the supplier and/or sub-tier, the supplier shall provide the necessary facilities, equipment and assistance for the safety and convenience of Owens Machine and Tool Company or its customer(s) inspectors/auditors in the performance of their duties.
Quality Assurance Clauses
Quality assurance clauses one through ten shown below are standard purchase order clauses and are in addition to the standard terms and conditions of this purchase order.
1. CERTIFICATION: Supplier / Vendor shall provide a "Certificate of Conformance" that material and / or articles meet all provisions of the Purchase Order including the latest specification revisions and applicable change orders or deviations. Certifications must accompany each delivery against the purchase order and must contain at a minimum the following:
· Purchase Order Number
· Certification Number
· Part Number & Part Revision
· A statement that the materials/processes conform to the applicable specifications
Note: Records and all associated documentation must be maintained on file and available for review by Owens Machine and Tool Company and its Customers. Record retention periods for all programs shall be 10 years, unless specifically noted otherwise on the PO. After the specified retention period the associated records and documentation may be disposed of using industry best practices.
2. INSPECTION SYSTEM: Unless otherwise specified on the Purchase Order, the Supplier/Vendor shall have an adequate inspection system for maintaining control of materials/products fabricated/manufactured in your facility. Calibration procedures must meet, as a minimum, the requirements of ANSI/NCSL Z540-1 & ISO 10012-1 or MIL-STD-45662. Vendor/Supplier shall have an established Quality program or inspection system whose procedures are in accordance with an AS9100 Compliant System. Supplier's / Vendor's inspection system may be periodically audited by Owens Machine and Tool Company and/or by its customers.
3. Articles or Materials shall be manufactured or produced in accordance with applicable blueprint and/or specifications. Deviations may be made only by written amendment to the Purchase Order when authorized by Owens Machine and Tool Company's Material Review Board or its Customer.
4. APPROVED FACILITIES: It is the Vendor's responsibility to utilize only approved facilities for processing or used in the work relating to this order. The Supplier/Vendor must notify Owens Machine and Tool Company of any changes to process, products, or services, including changes of external providers or locations of manufacture, and obtain approval from Owens Machine and Tool Company prior to commencing work.
5. PRESERVATION AND PACKAGING REQUIREMENT: Unless otherwise specified, the Supplier/Vendor shall maintain controls to assure compliance of preservation, packaging and shipping requirements of this order. The use of commercial practices does not relieve the Supplier/Vendor from the responsibility of packaging in a manner that will insure receipt at Owens Machine and Tool Company in an acceptable condition.
6. Owens Machine and Tool Company FURNISHED RAW MATERIAL: Unless otherwise specified, material furnished to Suppliers/Vendors shall be used in the manufacture of articles specified in this order. Materials scrapped which exceed the allowable tolerances shall be replaced by Owens Machine and Tool Company at the Vendor's expense plus any special charges. Unless otherwise specified, all materials furnished shall not be under shipped. Rejected materials shall be identified and segregated from acceptable materials. Rejected materials shall be returned to Owens Machine and Tool Company. A formal rejection report along with root cause analysis shall accompany any rejected material.
7. Owens Machine and Tool Company FURNISHED TOOLING/EQUIPMENT: Unless otherwise specified, all tooling and equipment furnished for this order shall be maintained in good condition and used for the manufacture of articles for Owens Machine and Tool Company. Tooling/equipment shall be available for examination by Owens Machine and Tool Company personnel and/or returned to Owens Machine and Tool Company upon request or termination of order.
8. REJECTED HARDWARE: In the event that hardware is rejected either at Owens Machine and Tool Company or at the vendor's facility, the following applies: Seller (vendor) will be charged or debited one percent (1%) of the value of the hardware or a minimum of $250 per rejection tag exclusive of the material disposition.
9. COUNTERFEIT PART PROTECTION: Unless otherwise specified on the Purchase Order, the Supplier/Vendor shall have Counterfeit Parts Protection plan "CPP" that contains all elements listed in AS5553B paragraph 3.1.1 through 3.1.8 and AS6174A paragraph 3.1.1 through 3.1.7.
10. DISCLOSURES / NOTIFICATIONS: In the event that delivered hardware is found to be nonconforming, Supplier/Vendor shall notify Owens Machine and Tool Company in writing on company letterhead and include a clear description of the discrepancy, identification of all suspect parts, Owens Machine and Tool Company PO number, serial numbers or heat lot numbers as applicable and any information relating to the Root Cause / Corrective Action steps initiated to address the defective condition, and preventive measures taken to preclude recurrence of the process failure.
11. AWARENESS: In accordance with AS9100 Rev. D paragraph 8.4.3m Supplier/Vendor shall ensure personnel are aware of their contribution to product or service conformity, their contribution to product safety and the importance of ethical behavior.
The following quality assurance clauses (numbers twelve through nineteen) are in addition to the standard quality assurance clauses when specified on an Owens Machine and Tool Company purchase order.
12. Supplier/Vendor to furnish date of manufacture and shelf life on the material certification of materials requiring age control.
13. GOVERNMENT INSPECTION: Government inspection is required prior to shipment from your plant. Upon receipt of this order, promptly notify the Government Representative who normally services your plant so that appropriate planning for government inspection can be accomplished. Upon receipt of an order, promptly furnish a copy to the Government Representative, if none, to the nearest Army, Navy, Air Force, or Defense Supply Agency inspection office. In the event the representative or office cannot be located, our purchasing agent should be notified immediately.
14. Owens Machine and Tool Company SOURCE INSPECTION REQUIRED: Vendor shall request Owens Machine and Tool Company Source Inspection for product verification prior to shipment from its facility. Acceptance of units shall not relieve the vendor of the responsibility of manufacturing units as defined in an Owens Machine and Tool Company purchase order. All requests shall be made by calling Owens Machine and Tool Company’s QA office, providing Purchase Order number, part number and revision, part name and quantity to be inspected. Advanced notice of 48 hours is required for scheduling purposes.
15. VENDOR/SUPPLIER FIRST ARTICLE: Vendor shall perform first article inspection on first unit produced during production of this order. A First Article Inspection report must accompany the first shipment of parts and comply with the requirements of AS9102.
16. Owens Machine and Tool Company FIRST ARTICLE INSPECTION VERIFICATION AT SOURCE: Vendor shall request Owens Machine and Tool Company Inspection as per item #10. Vendor shall provide inspection tools, test equipment, fixtures and personnel as requested to verify the units' compliance to the purchase order requirements. Final acceptance of unit produced is dependent upon a satisfactory first article inspection. First article inspection shall be performed on the first unit produced using production tools as applicable by the Owens Machine and Tool Company Quality Assurance Department. Vendor first article inspection report to accompany shipment. NOTE: First Article acceptance shall not relieve the vendor of the responsibility for manufacturing acceptable production part/materials as defined by this Purchase Order.
17. FIRST ARTICLE INSPECTION DESTINATION: Final acceptance of units produced is dependent upon a satisfactory first article inspection of the "as received" unit(s) produced using production tools as applicable by the Owens Machine and Tool Company Quality Assurance Department. Note: First article acceptance shall not relieve the vendor of the responsibility for manufacturing acceptable production parts/materials as defined by this Purchase Order.
18. STATISTICAL PROCESS CONTROL SYSTEM: If specified on the Owens Machine and Tool Company Purchase Order, the supplier/vendor shall have an adequate statistical process control (SPC) system for maintaining acceptable Cp and Cpk levels of its' products. Supplier's/Vendor's SPC system may be periodically audited by Owens Machine and Tool Company Personnel and/or by its' customers. The supplier/vendor shall provide statistical process control (SPC) charts/data on specific key characteristics on the product provided to Owens Machine and Tool Company. Key characteristics defined by Owens Machine and Tool Company. Charts shall show acceptable trends/data and Cp and Cpk levels shall be acceptable. Supplier's/Vendor's SPC system may be periodically audited by Owens Machine and Tool Company personnel and/or its' customers.
19. FO / FOD (Foreign Objects and Foreign Object Damage): If specified on the Owens Machine and Tool Company Purchase Order, the supplier/vendor shall have an adequate system to ensure the control and avoidance of Foreign Objects and or Foreign Object Damage to the property or products of Owens Machine and Tool Company. This includes the packing and shipment of product(s).
561 North Cowan Avenue, Suite 201 • Lewisville, Texas 75057
972 219.2354 • fax 972 436.9496
© 2015 Owens Machine and Tool Company